- 2ea Campbell's tomato soup 10 3/4oz each
- 350ms Apple Cider Vinegar
- 20g Kosher salt
- 2g Szeged Hungarian Paprika
- 20ml Worcestershire Sauce
- 2g Tellicherry black pepper ground
- 2g Colman's mustard powder
- 800ml Vegetable oil
- 6g celery seed
- 169g Spanish onion finely minced
- 10g garlic minced using a micro plane
- 20g local honey
- 3 ea clove garlic, one for each jar lightly crushed.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Papa's French Dressing
My family has always been all about food. My grandfather Edward Ptacek Sr. was a huge influence with me and my culinary devotion. He is the one that got my mom going and in turn me from her. He cooked for a huge family, and put his heart and soul into it. I was at the store with my cousin the other day and we were craving some of Papa's dressing. This is nothing fancy, but I have adjusted it a little from his original. Every time I taste it I get taken back to the house on Marshfield, sitting at the table, making sure my elbows did not touch the table and sharing a meal with my grandparents. He would pull this dressing out of the fridge in a huge mason jar that had garlic cloves suspended in it.... Sorry I started drooling. Anyway here you are.